Accomplishments and Records
Course Scoring Records:
The course record for 9-holes is 31 (5-under) shared by Ken Hanley who has shot it 3 times including 2 in competition, Jim Corrigan, Grant Solly and Paul Malashewski.
The 18-hole course record is 66 (SJ Spadoni and Storm Cowan).
The lowest 18-hole score recorded in recent Men's Open Tournament history of 66 (6-under) was by SJ Spadoni in 2010. SJ went on to win the Mens Open that year
Ken Hanley: Lifetime Terrace Bay Resident and Longtime Aguasabon Golf Club Member.
- Ken has shot 31 on 3 different occasions on our course including twice in competition.
- Shot 31 for nine holes on both on Geraldton and Marathon Golf Courses
- From the time he was 18 he has won a record 14 Aguasabon Mens Open titles to go along with 10 Club Championships during his dominant career at our course
- He has also won an the Bergstrom Men's Open in Geraldton 11 times.
- He was won the Peter Amadeo Men's Open in Marathon 13 times.
- Ken has also won the 54 Hole District Amateur Championship held on 3 different 18 hole golf courses in Thunder Bay every Labour Day Weekend.
- He successfully attained teaching professional status in 1997 while winning the medalist award during the pro competition in Kissimmii Florida
Bill Stachiw: Lifetime Terrace Bay Resident and Longtime Aguasabon Golf Club Member.
- Bill holds the tournament course record at 2 separate clubs including a final round 65 at the Peter Amadeo Open in Marathon
- He also shot an impressive 64 at Kingston, Ontario's Catarcuque Golf Club.
- Like Ken, Bill has also won the 54 Hole District Amateur Championship held on 3 different 18 hole golf courses in Thunder Bay every Labour Day Weekend.
Harold Gellert - Lifetime Schreiber Resident, Longtime Aguasabon Member and 2010 Masters Honouree
- Harold who is now in his eighties has recorded an astonishing 7 holes in one over his career including an ace on our #2 right here at the Aguasabon Golf Club.
- Mr. Gellert was the first ever Honouree of the Aguasabon Masters where he was honoured before the full field who watched him hit the honouree tee shot right down the middle as everyone expected him to do.
2002 - Dan Imbeault qualified out of the Senior Men's event held in Marathon to compete at the Provincial level. Marvin "Ozzie" Osmar who had qualified had other committments and could not compete at the next level.
2003 - Jesse Bedard qualified 2nd at the NW Ont. Junior amateur qualifier enabling him to compete at the Provincial level.
2002 - both T.J. Desaulniers and Jesse Bedard qualified to compete at the Provincial Junior championships.
2000 - season Grant Solly carded a nifty "31" for his front nine tying a Club record for a 9-hole score.
2000 - Donnie Bedard received a scholarship from the Ontario Golf Association towards his Golf Course Management and Administration College program
2000 - Jesse Bedard qualified out of the District Junior Qualifying tournament and participated in the Ontario Junior Amateur Tournament
2000 - SJ Spadoni was awarded a golf scholarship at Ohio Valley College where he would become the Team Captain for 3 years.
Over the past number of years prior to 2000 our Club has had a number of Juniors qualify to compete at the Provincial, and for some, even the National level. (T.J. Desaulniers, Jesse Bedard, Stan Spadoni Jr., Sean Hay, and Scott McDougall are but a few of the more recent Junior golfers). A number of these young golfers received scholarships to pursue their golfing interests while obtaining a college education.